Stellar Ecosystem Updates
Wirex has announced the launch of 26 fiat-backed stablecoins on the Stellar Network.
Keybase + StellarStellar is now live on Keybase for everyone!
Paysend announces launch of global stablecoin.
Coinsquare now supports Stellar!
Seema Phalke (Lead Developer, IBM World Wire) talks about her experience developing World Wire on the Stellar network.
SDF New Hires
Denelle Dixon, CEO/Executive Director - Denelle is joining SDF after being the Chief Operating Officer of Mozilla where she oversaw business operations and relationships, revenue, internet policy, information technology, communities, program management, legal and general operations. Denelle has a deep background in open source and in fostering an open, transparent and accountable culture and she plans to bring even more of that to SDF. Denelle loves to read, run and then relax with the house full of five boys that she and her partner share.
Debnil Sur, Software Engineer - Previously on the open-source protocol team at Interstellar, Debnil now works on the SDF’s Platform team. He enjoys all things basketball, politics, and urban hiking.
Nando Vieira, Senior Software Engineer - Nando is joining SDF after being a software engineer at Heroku for the past 5 years. He loves music, playing guitar/bass, technology in general and walking by the beach on a sunny day.
Jeesun Kim, Frontend Engineer - Jeesun is joining SDF after working as a frontend developer at a digital agency, Firstborn. She loves to cook and take a long walk in NYC. Say hello @codeandfood on twitter!
Marcus Greville, Systems and DevOps Engineer - Marcus has joined the SDF to work in the Ops team, supporting the early side of the international dateline from Melbourne, Australia. He has 20+ years experience behind him building business critical Linux systems and applications. He has both the AWS Professional Architect and DevOps Prof certifications which he obtained on the one day and which he thinks is cool. He has four young children who he enjoys teaching to surf and who generally keep him young.
We are hiring! Apply today.
Stellar Community Articles
How could Kelp Bot help Stellar? "With the recent release of Kelp v1.6.1, I thought it would be a good time to discuss what trading bots are and how they can contribute to the growth and maturity of financial markets (e.g. the Stellar DEX)."
Stellar Network: Growth and Decentralisation - SatoshiPay "The Stellar network is a decentralised peer-to-peer network of validator nodes. These nodes run the Stellar Core software that validates incoming transactions and applies them to the last ledger to form the next one."
Daily Active Accounts on Stellar - Correct Estimates - OrbitLens "The question about the real number of active accounts in Stellar Network surfaced numerous times on Twitter and Reddit discussions. “Crypto Experts” often compare different blockchains by Daily Active Address (DAA) metric and tend to make vague assumptions about the real-world adoption based on it. "
Stellar's SEP8 to Prevent Fragmentation of SDEX and Unlock Ultimate Liquidity for Security Tokens - Smartlands "Stellar decentralized exchange (SDEX) allows anybody to create a front-end application for managing and trading of any Stellar assets. Having various interfaces for a sole orderbook allows for the development of a robust ecosystem and pooled liquidity. "
Meeting Stellar [SDF] in their Brooklyn Offices - ThrillerCrypto "Car sits down and talks with Kori Higgins, Global Development Manager and Kyle McCollom Product Manager of Stellar Development Foundation. They discuss being at the forefront of unlocking the world’s economic potential by making money more fluid, markets more open, and people more empowered."
Stellar Developer Updates
- Horizon v0.17.6 released with Stellar protocol v11 support
- A completely new SDF Horizon Go SDK has been released. Check out the blog post!
- Java-SDK 0.7.0 released with Stellar protocol v11 support.
- Kelp v1.7.0: Kelp now supports trading on 100+ centralized exchanges
- stellar-sdk and stellar-base have hit version 1.0! The latest versions improve Typescript type definitions and add protocol v11 support. Future releases will follow semver conventions.
- The Stellar Ticker has been rebuilt from scratch – check out the release blog post!
- ZkVM: a new design for fast, confidential smart contracts zkvm.
- Stellar’s Testnet has been migrated to Protocol 11, and we are planning on coordinating the public network to migrate in early June.
- Stellar Core v11.1.0’s first release candidate is available for download on Github.
Community Developer Releases
Protocol 11 Compatibility for SDKs
- Python: https://pypi.org/project/stellar-sdk/
- Go: https://github.com/stellar/go/releases/tag/horizonclient-v1.2.0
- C#: https://www.nuget.org/packages/stellar-dotnet-sdk
- iOS: https://cocoapods.org/pods/stellar-ios-mac-sdk
Project Releases & Updates
- Stellar Lumens have been added as collateral option on YouHodler lending platform
- MintX launches redeemable Gold, silver, platinum & palladium backed tokens on Stellar
- SWplug has released v1.1.5 for its Wordpress WooCommerce plugin
- Coinbase Earn program for Stellar is now live internationally
- Stellar 2-way Payment System created with Squeezer
- Lisa Nestor @ Crypto Valley Conference
- B3 Summit
- Stellar Berlin Cluster
- Stellar Blockchain Week Event