Stellar Build Challenge
Move Money Faster, Win Lumens from Stellar.org
The Stellar Build Challenge is an ongoing program to reward
innovation and development in the Stellar ecosystem.
Submit Your Project by April 15, 2017
Four times a year, the panel of judges from the Stellar community recognize solid craftsmanship and innovation in the ecosystem:
Submissions for each round will close at 10am PT on the following dates.
- April 15
- July 15
- October 15
Once submissions close, the judges will be allotted a set amount of lumens to award per category as they see fit. Judges aim for announcing winners within two weeks of submissions closing.
If you live in a restricted area—any country on the U.S. sanctions list, as well as the states of NY, CT, or NH—regulations prevent us from sending you lumens. Unfortunately, therefore, residents of restricted areas are not eligible for an award.
All participants will retain the intellectual property associated with their submission.
Guidelines and Suggestions for Submissions
- Judges will be prioritizing submissions that are polished, complete and fully functional.
- Submisions must be live and available somewhere so people can use them.
- You can submit your application even if you entered a prior build challenges but judges will be looking to see that improvements have been made.
- Always helpful to provide documentation with your submission!
- Bonus points will be awareded the more people are using your service.
We highly value your participation in the Build Challenge so we highly recommended sharing your project with the community prior to hitting “submit”. Here are some good places to get feedback.
ANCHORS: 70M lumens
Anchors are banks, licensed money-service providers, or mobile money operators that accept deposits, issue credit, and honor withdrawals on the Stellar network.
To qualify as an Anchor, organizations that enter the challenge must meet the following criteria:
- Record customer balances of some asset in the Stellar ledger
- Support federation for deposits and withdrawals
- Have a proper stellar.toml so others can add your anchor by domain name
- Comply with local regulations
EXCHANGES: 33.75M lumens
To qualify as an exchange, organizations that enter the challenge must meet the following criteria:
- Trade lumens for fiat or digital currency
- Accept lumen deposits and honor withdrawals
- Deposit lumens via federation
- Support federation for withdrawals
- Allow fiat deposits/withdrawals via Stellar
- Be listed on coinmarketcap.com
- Comply with local regulations
APPLICATIONS: 17.5M lumens
What types of applications we are looking for:
WALLETS: 12.5M lumens
There are some good wallets with base functionality now. We are wanting to see:
- Continued usability improvements and polish to what is there now
- Wallets with multiple accounts
- Good design
- Sending lumens to any email address
- Other features that allow easy onboarding and increased virality
TRADING CLIENTS: 10M lumens
We are looking for graphs and moving toward this idea of a distributed exchange.
New Addition REMITTANCE APP: 10M lumens
New to this challenge, we are awarding up to 10M lumens for a remittance app that allows end users to easily send money to Philippines or Kenya or other places that are now connected via Stellar.
FORUM DEDICATED TO STELLAR: 5M lumens
Protips and Support
Protip 1: Produce tutorials and docs.
Stellar wants to see more community-driven content throughout the ecosystem. The panel will smile upon new documentation, blog posts, screencasts, and talks about the Stellar network.
Protip 3: Use our free design templates.
Making a mobile app? We’ve made free, open-sourced design templates to enable mobile applications. Download them here.
Protip 2: Get lumens via our sponsorship program.
If you’re a FinTech company, an NGO or involved with technology education, you’re probably eligible to receive a free batch of lumens.
How to Submit
You’ll be asked for a link to your project, a description, screenshots, and your Stellar Account ID so have those pieces of info ready.
Submissions will be open until the ticker at the top of the page closes out at zero.