As part of its commitment to bringing new individual users and businesses to the Stellar ecosystem, SDF offers marketing grants to support the growth and user acquisition efforts of projects built on Stellar. The funds from marketing grants provide support for digital and offline marketing, in-app incentives, PR, and communications.
Marketing grants go to both new and existing projects with clear use cases and concrete timelines, and are reserved for qualified teams with proven capability to define budgets, set benchmarks, execute on marketing campaigns, and deliver results.
Marketing Support Areas
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Paid digital media (e.g. Facebook, Google Ads, Display, etc)
- Offline marketing activities and events
- PR and communications support
- In-app incentives, such as new customer bonuses, referrals, etc.
- External resources, such as marketing agencies, tools, and services
Areas not supported by marketing grants:
- Speculation, wash trading, or market manipulation related to or involving XLM or any other Stellar network digital asset
- Encouraging investment in any digital asset or promoting statements around the price of digital assets
- Marketing or promoting any product or feature that promises interest, a dividend, or other appreciation or return
What We Look For:
- Traction: Is the project live with traction or preparing to launch soon?
- Mission: Does the project have a connection to SDF’s mission of increasing financial inclusion, diversity, equity, sustainability, compliance, and social responsibility?
- Impact: Will increased success of the project directly and positively impact the Stellar ecosystem?
- Feasibility: Does the marketing proposal have a detailed execution plan with clear deliverables, timelines, and measurable milestones for success?
- Capability: Does the project have its own marketing team/resource that could implement a co-created plan?
- Details: The more detail you provide the better your chances are of getting funded.
Below is an overview of the application process. Note that timelines are subject to change based on the volume of applications.
- Step 1: Submit your grant application below. Please ensure the application is complete!
- Step 2: Your application proposal will be reviewed internally by the Stellar Development Foundation. If your proposal is a good fit, we will send invitations for interviews to meet with the team.
- Step 3: SDF shares decision to accept or decline application
- Step 4: Legal and due diligence review
- Step 5: Marketing deliverables and milestone planning
- Step 6: Formal contract signed and initial payment paid
How to Apply
To be considered for a marketing grant, review the eligibility requirements once more and complete the application form below. For questions, contact [email protected].