Join SDF Head of Ecosystem, Justin Rice, for a panel discussion on 'Closing the Gap on Financial Inclusion' at Blockchain Central, hosted by the Global Blockchain Business Council (GBBC) alongside the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Financial services and products are a proven driver of sustainable development and poverty reduction. The proliferation of mobile and internet access has empowered millions, yet unbanked populations remain high, even in otherwise technologically advanced geographies. A lack of documentation, relevant products, mistrust toward financial institutions, geographical access, and high fees are among the many barriers to having a bank account or access to financial services. Financial inclusion is on the rise, but we need to do more to accelerate the rate of progress.
- Justin Rice, Head of Ecosystem, Stellar Development Foundation
- Nina Tannenbaum, Head of Business Operations, Algorand
- Simon Chantry, Co-Founder & CIO, Bitt
- Ben Tsai, President & Managing Partner, Wave Financial
- Andrea Tinianow (moderator), Founder, Tinianow Consulting; Contributor, Forbes