Stellar Ecosystem Updates
The Stellar Development Foundation is collaborating with Blockchain Academy Mexico to offer new educational opportunities around building on Stellar. Blockchain Academy Mexico is the first institution in Mexico focused on developing and building an innovative entrepreneurial ecosystem, new business models, and initiatives using blockchain infrastructure.
Denelle and Jed hosted an AMA on Reddit about SDF updates, blockchain policy, and more. In case you missed it, check out the Q&A here.
Meinhard Benn, CEO of SatoshiPay, presented his vision for building on Stellar at Blockchain UA.
Interstellar recently hired a new CEO. See official announcement and company updates here.
Read SDF’s proposal to disable inflation.
SDF New Hires
Nick Gilbert, Product Lead
Nick is working on a new mobile application built on Stellar. Prior to joining the team, he was at AppDirect for 7 years building out the Business Development and Sales Engineering before taking on a PM role to build out a new product line. In his down time, Nick is either on an adventure with his wife and new puppy or reading a sci-fi novel.
Candace Kelly, General Counsel
Candace spent the bulk of her career in government as a federal prosecutor in San Francisco and in policy roles at the FBI and the Department of Justice in Washington D.C. Most recently, she was in-house at Uber helping to navigate their response to regulatory investigations. She is a passionate fan of kite-surfing, Maui, and the Golden State Warriors.
Stellar Developer Updates
- Stellar-core v12.0.0 and Horizon v0.21.0 released. Full details here.
- Horizon v0.22.1 has been released, which supports Protocol 12. This gives everyone ample time to prepare for the Protocol 12 upgrade vote on October 28.
- If you’re looking to contribute to an open-source project in the Stellar ecosystem, check out Hacktoberfest!
Are you a Stellar developer? Take a moment to voice your opinions on the Stellar Developer survey. SDF wants to hear from you!
Stellar Community Articles
The Stellar Community Fund Finals are here. Go read the proposals and vote for your favorite projects now!
- Stellarbeat.io just added a new “halting analysis” feature to their Quorum Monitor, providing deeper insight into the stability of nodes on the #Stellar network.
- Cowrie Systems launches services as Nigerian Naira Anchor (NGNT) for retail and B2B payments, providing near instant transaction processing between Nigerian bank accounts and the Stellar network. For more information visit Cowrie.Exchange.
- JST Capital launches strategic cooperation with the Stellar Development Foundation to facilitate market making services in the Stellar DEX. As a fully integrated DEX market maker JST applies their experience in capital markets trading to support emerging token markets in the Stellar ecosystem. For more information visit JST Capital.
- Bitbond, a German lending fintech, executed the first ever corporate bond coupon payment on Stellar this October 1st. Check out the transaction history here.
More and more businesses building on Stellar continue to confirm attendance to the upcoming Meridian conference, which takes place November 4 and 5 in Mexico City. Participants include IBM World Wire, Satoshipay, Wirex, Flutterwave, Coinsquare, Coins.ph, AnchourUSD, Bitbond, Realtybits, BinanceX, Rehive and many, many more.
It’s not too late to join the first global Stellar conference! Register here.
- Denelle and Jed will both be speaking at SF Blockchain Week on November 1. Learn more here.
- Tomer Weller was on the panel of judges for Coinlist and IDEO CoLab’s Hackathon.
- Boris Reznikov and Tomer Weller spoke about anchors, transparency, and cross-border payments at Blockchain Bridge SF.
- SDF’s Kori Higgins and Kyle McCollom attended Crypto Springs.
- There was a Stellar meetup in Munich on Tuesday, October 8. More information here.