Stellar Ecosystem Updates
Denelle Dixon, Mozilla COO, is becoming SDF's new Executive Director. We're thrilled to have her lead Stellar through its next phase of growth.
We are excited to reveal the new Stellar logo and branding. Read the full press release here.
The Stellar Development Foundation has released its 2019 Roadmap. This year the roadmap has its own living page that will be updated as goals are added and completed. You can read more on how the page is organized here and view the full roadmap here.
StellarX has been acquired by Coinsquare. "To fulfill its potential, StellarX needs a home with regulatory experience and with a full-scope plan to build around the app." More information can be found on the StellarX blog.
Coinbase Pro now supports Stellar Lumens.
BaFin, Germany’s securities regulator, has given the green light to Bitbond to issue digital bonds on Stellar, in what will be one of the first regulated security tokens to launch on the network. BitBond is already using Stellar and Tempo’s EURT to power payments in its SME lending platform.
DSTOQ is a security token exchange that has built a mobile app that allows users to buy and sell security tokens directly on the Stellar DEX. To learn more about how it works take a look at DSTOQ's recently released demo video and sign up to beta test the app.
Börsenmedien AG, one of Germany’s leading media companies, has made an investment in SatoshiPay’s latest round and is integrating SatoshiPay’s micropayments service into their media outlets.
Stronghold USD is now live for retail customers. Stronghold has also launched market making as a service for the Stellar network. They use a combination of Kelp and proprietary software to provide these services. You can learn more by reaching out to Stronghold here.
Shared Stellar nodes are now available to deploy via Blockdaemon. Send transactions, monitor the blockchain, and test out the app at a very cost-effective price without the fixed rate limits.
SDF New Hires
Carl Vitullo, Front-end engineer - Carl builds web application with React. He helped build StellarX and runs the largest chatroom of React developers, Reactiflux. When not working, he also rock climbs and plays Factorio.
Eric Saunders, Senior Software Engineer - Eric is a former astronomer, specialising in the network scheduling of robotic telescopes. Before joining SDF, he worked on StellarX at Interstellar. Eric is a fan of board games, Minecraft and death metal.
Howard Ting-Hao Chen, Senior Software Engineer - Howard worked as a backend engineer at Chain Inc. before joining Interstellar and then SDF. Before Chain Inc., he worked on the backend of Oracle database 12c for 4 years. Howard is a big fan of tennis.
Kori Higgins, Global Development Manager - Before joining Stellar, Kori was in the hedge fund space, where she led business development for a quantitative investment manager. When she’s not expanding Stellar’s global presence, Kori enjoys watching BBC nature programs, reading about economic and social history, and playing Civilization 5.
Tom Quisel, Director of Engineering, Platform - Tom leads the Platform team, making sure the team has what it needs to be awesome. Tom was previously CTO of OkCupid, Lead Data Scientist at Evidation Health, and co-created StellarX. Tom loves to bike in the mountains around Santa Barbara, CA and watch the Great British Baking Show.
Tiffany Stewart, Lead Product Designer Tiffany is a designer with a passion for smart interfaces and powerful technology who hopes to make Stellar the sharpest thing in blockchain.
Morley Zhi, Staff Frontend Engineer - Morley worked on StellarX last year, and before that was Director of Engineering, Frontend at OkCupid.
Peter Oliha, Software Engineer - Previously at Interstellar, where he led the technical integration of companies onto the Stellar network. Peter enjoys playing video games, watching soccer and NatGeo wild.
- Custodial layers: friend or foe?
- A Tale of Three Thresholds
- Understanding the Stellar Consensus Protocol
Stellar Developer Updates
- Stellar Core 10.3.0 has been released.
- Horizon 0.17.4 has been released. If you are running your own Horizon server, reminder to upgrade to this release as soon as possible.
- JS Stellar Base 0.12.0 and JS Stellar SDK 0.14.0 have been released
- Java Stellar SDK 0.6.0 has been released.
- Kelp v1.5.0 has been released.
- Surge Pricing on Stellar: FAQ
- David Mazières, Chief Scientist at Stellar Development Foundation, has released a simplified Stellar Consensus Protocol description.
Community Developer Releases
- 0rora is a self-hosted solution for easily making, scheduling, editing and responding to Stellar payments.
- Equilibre.io is a portfolio balancer that runs on the Stellar Decentralized Exchange. It is a convenient trading tool to manage positions over the long-term.
- Rockfish is an arbitrage bot for SDEX.
- Scala SDK v0.6.0 released.
- LOBSTR has released LOBSTR Vault.
- StellarTerm and Lobstr now fully support StellarGuard.