Stellar Ecosystem Updates
The Stellar network just celebrated the 5th anniversary of its launch!
SDF’s CEO Denelle Dixon recently traveled to Washington, DC to meet with policymakers and discuss the future of blockchain regulations. Read more in her blog: Blockchain Policy: Getting it Right.
In an interview with Marco Montes Neri, co-founder of Saldo.mx, we learn about Saldo’s mission to improve the quality of payment transfers in Latin America and why they chose to build on the #Stellar network.
IDEO CoLab launched a Startup Studio program to help budding blockchain entrepreneurs take their projects to the next level.
Elle Brazzil, Senior Recruiter - Elle is joining SDF as a recruiting partner to the hiring leaders. She is very passionate about building out Stellar’s organization and bringing more talent to our team. Elle is a Sacramento native, a basketball enthusiast, and you can catch her at the beach on the weekends. Her latest goal is to kitesurf. :)
Adolfo Builes, Senior Software Engineer - Adolfo is joining SDF after being a Senior Software Engineer at Envoy. Previously he launched an anchor for the Colombian Pesos and wrote "Building your own venmo with stellar". He enjoys reading, cycling and working on side projects.
Katya Korepanova, Head of People and Culture - Katya is joining SDF after being a Global HR Manager at Leanplum. Throughout her childhood & adolescence, she attended a dance school and performed with her group around Russia. Another fun fact is that Katya was born on Valentine's day, so it’s always a challenge to make a reservation :-).
Natalia Rocco, Office Admin - Natalia is joining SDF after recently graduating from the University of San Francisco. She studied English Literature and has worked on both creative and academic print publications through USF. Her sign is Aquarius.
Charles Shin, Product Designer - Charles is joining SDF after being a product designer at Warby Parker. Previously was an intern at Uber and Weebly. He loves watching sports/film, eating tacos, and aspires to own a corgi one day.
Stellar Developer Updates
- Horizon 0.19.0 released.
- We successfully reset the Stellar test network on Wednesday, July 31 at 0900 UTC.
- Java SDK v0.9.0 released.
- Go SDK v1.3.0 released.
- Bridge Server v0.0.32 released.
- Compliance Server v0.0.32 released.
- The federation client package in the Go monorepo now uses the new Go SDK.
- The keystore dev released.. For further API spec and authentication mechanism, please refer here.
- Kelp v1.7.1 released. View the CHANGELOG for more information on this release.
- New grafana dashboard for stellar-core admins released. Documentation explaining how to set up accompanying Prometheus alerts.
- Stellar Core v.11.3.0 released.
- Stellar Ticker v.1.1.0 released.
Stellar Community Articles
How Changes are Made to the Stellar Network - "I often see new community members assume that the Stellar Development Foundation is the source of every change to the Stellar code base, but that’s not the case..."
Stellar Dev Digest - Welcome to another issue of the Stellar Dev Digest, a weekly recap of all things related to the development of the Stellar Network.
Project Releases & Updates
- StellarX launched their mobile app on Android and iOS.
- Rehive launched a new app for setting up a wallet and token on Stellar.
- Nexo has added XLM to its instant crypto credit lines.
- Go-Stellar-IPFS - a library that acts as a bridge between Stellar and IPFS
- IDEO CoLab and CoinList are hosting a hackathon that started on August 5, with participation from Stellar, Ethereum, NEAR, Oasis, and Tezos.
- Join members of the SDF partnerships team today, August 6 at 9AM PT for a free online workshop for Stellar Developers. The webinar will cover various aspects of the Stellar protocol and applications. Register now to grab a spot!
- Stellar Meridian tickets are now live! Make sure you’re signed up on the waitlist to ensure you’re the first to know when tickets launch.
- Boris Reznikov and Tomer Weller of SDF will be speaking at the Blockchain Bridge conference being held in San Francisco this September 18th and 19th.
- This past month, SDF attended a Stellar Meetup in Zurich to celebrate the launch of the first-ever validator node in Switzerland!
- Here’s a full transcript of Lisa Nestor’s Crypto Valley Conference talk.
- In case you missed it at ZCon, Oleg Andreev and Cathie Yun delivered a talk on ZkVM. Check out the video, including a Q&A at the end.
- Another successful Blue Orion Meetup took place in Munich.
- A Stellar Meetup in London produced thoughtful and productive conversations about the blockchain ecosystem.
- Coinsquare’s first-ever joint event with SDF took place in Toronto this month and included discussion of StellarX and its stablecoin plan.
- SDF attended a Stellar meetup in Mexico City, where there were presentations from leadership at Saldo, Coinbtr, Fido, and GoMama.
- Our development and partnerships teams recently spoke at a blockchain event in SF alongside MouseBelt.