Stellar Ecosystem Updates
The Shariyah Review Bureau (SRB), a leading international Sharia advisory agency licensed by the Central Bank of Bahrain, has reviewed the Stellar network and has promulgated guidelines that enable Sharia compliant applications of Stellar technology in Islamic financial institutions.
SharesPost has partnered with Lightyear.io to implement SDEX as an exchange node for a global security token network. As issuers and investors continue to see the benefits of asset tokenization, Lightyear has partnered with SharesPost to facilitate compliant secondary trading for security tokens on the Stellar Distributed Exchange.
TransferTo Partners with Stellar.org to bolster international money transfers. Under this collaboration, financial institutions and partners of both Stellar.org and TransferTo will benefit from the combined network coverage, being able to leverage new technologies to send and receive money more efficiently to more than 70 countries.
Don't forget that we are currently accepting submissions for the 7th Stellar Build Challenge! Read the announcement blog post and dive into the full guidelines for more details. Submissions close on August 15th. There's only a short window of time left to submit!
- Boosting TPS with Stellar Channels
- What value Stellar is bringing to Dala
- Creating smart contracts for your ICO on Stellar
- Stellar Nodes, Network, and the Ledger Embedded content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTQuGoBeKto
Stellar Developer Updates
Platform Team Releases:
- Horizon v0.13.1 patch release is out. It fixes a bug in the ingestion system.
- Js-stellar-base v0.8.0, js-stellar-sdk v0.10.0 and java-sdk v0.3.0 with Protocol V10 features support have been released.
- You can use Stellar Laboratory with your own Horizon node and custom standalone network. Just press “Custom” button in the Laboratory header menu.
Call To Action: Are you an open source developer working on an exciting Stellar project? We recently conducted spring (well, summer) cleaning on our Community Open-Source Project Directory, removing all inactive projects… and now the directory is feeling a bit empty. We're looking to update the directory so if you are working on a project that you want others to know about, open a PR and we’ll add your project!
Reminder! The Stellar StackExchange is in Public Beta – We are currently using StackExchange to help developers find the answers they need when working on projects. Come join the community!
- Lisa Nestor - Voice of Blockchain, August 24 & 25. Hosted by the Chicago Blockchain Project, the event will focus discussions on blockchain applications for communities, governments and business.
Rehive Hackathon - San Francisco Series. Rehive is a platform and toolkit for building fintech apps, including apps on Stellar. Their mission is to accelerate fintech innovation by breaking down the technology barrier to entry. They are hosting three SF-based hackathons in July, August and September. More details here.
July 19 Meetup at Heavybit with Hyperledger, Coinbase, Stellar, Blockdaemon, Heavybit reps