Stellar Ecosystem News
On September 5th, the Stellar network was successfully upgraded to v10 of the protocol! We'd like to thank everyone in the community who came together to create a seamless upgrade. You can learn more about the changes here.
Together We Can is our contribution to Financial Inclusion Week organized by the Center For Financial Inclusion @ Accion. In this post, we share SDF’s vision for achieving financial inclusion globally.
We’re thrilled to announce SDF’s largest lumen distribution to date: an up-to-500 million XLM distribution to users of leading digital asset wallet provider, Blockchain. This represents a major step towards increased access and global network participation.
Interstellar released Starlight: a demo implementation of payment channels on Stellar, and a step toward a Lightning-compatible payment channel network.
We outlined some upcoming initiatives for the Stellar Community in the first post of our Ecosystem Updates series.
Pigzbe also announced their partnership with Wirex, a provider of cryptocurrency wallets linked to physical and virtual Visa debit cards. The partnership will enable Wollo to be spent across 40 million shops and restaurants, in 210 countries and territories.
Stellar Developer Updates
- Stellar-core reached release candidate stage for v10.1.0. This release brings stability and performance improvements.
- Horizon v0.15.0 (and v0.15.1) released with many improvements and bugfixes. Please check release notes for more information.
- Java Stellar SDK 0.4.0 released.
- JS-stellar-base 0.9.0 and js-stellar-sdk 0.11.0 released.
- Ruby-stellar-base 0.18.0 and ruby-stellar-sdk 0.6.0 released.
- Launched a mailing list focused on protocol discussion and enhancements, to supplement the draft and completed proposals in our Github repository.
- Started organizing around our protocol roadmap for protocol v11, and later in our Github wiki.
Reminder! The Stellar StackExchange is in Public Beta – We are currently using StackExchange to help developers find the answers they need when working on projects. Come join the community!
New Projects and Project Updates
- DSTOQ has written an extensive piece on why they chose the Stellar network. Check it out.
- BitBond is a global lending platform for small business loans that uses Stellar for cross-border payments.
- Zeehaus is a real estate equity sharing and reward-based community, connecting investors and buyers to achieve homeownership and purchase fractional properties through proprietary platform using Trust & Blockchain.
- Nodle.io is a decentralized connectivity network for the Internet of Things. Nodle makes connectivity simple, global and free. To democratized access to cryptocurrencies, Nodle is also testing an SMS gateway operating on Stellar that will be open sourced to the community.
- Edge is happy to announce support for Stellar Lumens (XLM) inside their mobile app, Edge Wallet. Alongside XLM is newly added support for Changelly to allow users to swap to/from XLM and over a dozen other blockchains.
- ChainFront provides APIs for centralized private key management, transaction signing, and multi-factor authentication. ChainFront is optimized for Stellar.
- Anchor Financial is proud to introduce their Canadian Dollar backed stablecoin - Anchor Coin. By providing a bridge between traditional and digital ecosystems we are endeavoring to offer the premier stablecoin on the Stellar network.
- MVP Workshop is a collective of years of product experience, everyday building, defining, and growing products using disruptive technology, including Stellar. Today, we are not only disrupting markets with our own products, but we focus on helping our partners do the same. Our main services are Token Design, Product Design, and Product Development.