Megha Bambra, the Technical Lead for StellarX, talks about onboarding everyone and the StellarX mission.
SDF Board Director and Stanford professor David Mazières co-wrote an SOSP Paper about global payments on the Stellar network. This paper will appear at the 27th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles in October.
This month, we launched the new stellar.org website! It’s got a brand new look, plus new tools and resources for devs and the community. Check it out: www.stellar.org.
The 2B Lumen Keybase Space Drop: We’re excited to announce we’ve partnered with Keybase for our largest airdrop ever.
Jason Chlipala, COO - Jason started his career as a tax and corporate attorney, but then made the switch to the tech world when he joined Palantir. There he led teams of engineers, data scientists and designers building custom solutions to data problems at large companies. Prior to joining SDF, Jason was the COO of Interstellar, where he worked on all areas of the business.
Sara Mai, Corporate Controller - Sara is a seasoned and active CPA professional who has worked both in public and private sections cross auditing, corporate accounting, tax, SEC reporting and Fund accounting areas. Before joining SDF, Sara was an Associate Director in Gen II Fund Service and an AVP in BNYMellon and Deutsche Bank to serve various clients with their accounting in Private Equity and Real Estate Investments. Sara loves Chinese Dance and enjoys attending Toastmaster clubs.
Siddharth Suresh, Senior Software Engineer - Siddharth is a software engineer joining the Core team. Prior to SDF, he worked on low-latency systems to trade futures and equities at Wolverine Trading. Siddharth likes to golf, play video games, and explore new restaurants on the weekends.
- Horizon v0.20.1 released, along with a blog about the new ingestion system: https://www.stellar.org/developers/blog/our-new-horizon-ingestion-engine
- Stellar-Core v11.4.0 released: https://github.com/stellar/stellar-core/releases
- Go SDK v.1.4 released: https://github.com/stellar/go/releases/tag/horizonclient-v1.4.0
- Kelp v1.7.2 released: https://github.com/stellar/kelp/releases/tag/v1.7.2
Are you a Stellar developer? Take a moment to voice your opinions on the Stellar Developer survey. SDF wants to hear from you!
Stellar Community Articles
Project Releases & Updates
- Franklin Templeton Investments has proposed a tokenized government money market fund on Stellar Network.
- XLM is now available on eToroX.
- StellarX hosted an AMA on Reddit, answering questions from the community.
- Uphold now supports Stellar, giving users access to fiat currencies and digital assets around the world!
- Pedity, a distributed content platform, is now Tree3 Network.
- Swplug has introduced a WHMCS module for the Stellar network.
- Meridian tickets are now on sale. Today is the last day to purchase early bird tickets before standard pricing kicks in. Grab yours now!
- Boris Reznikov and Tomer Weller of SDF will be speaking at the Blockchain Bridge conference being held in San Francisco this September 18th and 19th.
- Nikhil spoke about Kelp at Blockchain Center SF.
- Lisa spoke with DASS about new use-case opportunities for stablecoins.
- Tomer Weller hosted a Stellar webinar for devs during the Coinlist and IDEO CoLab Hackathon. Check out the full video here.
- Nikhil discusses Stellar’s use case as a payments network on the Hashing It Out podcast.
- SatoshiPay hosted another successful Stellar Meetup in Berlin.
- On September 4th in New York City, OXIO hosted an informative Stellar meetup, where Alexander Mologoko from Blockchain Innovation Associates gave a presentation, and SDF's Kyle McCollum discussed the new open-source trading bot on Stellar, Kelp.