Stellar Ecosystem Updates
Stellar has launched as Coinbase’s largest Earn partner to-date. In conjunction with their team, we’ve created five videos that explain Stellar’s features and uses. Learn more here.
IBM announced the launch of World Wire, a real-time global payments system built on the Stellar network. SDF recently sat down to talk with Jesse Lund, Vice President of IBM Blockchain, to get his take on Stellar and World Wire and why the two platforms make sense together.
Smartlands, which recently became fully FCA-regulated has launched their inaugural STO with the tokenization of a student dormitory in the United Kingdom. The team is working towards obtaining a MTF license that will permit secondary trading for these and future security issuances on the Smartlands platform.
BlockPark has launched Stellar-based Blok Tokens, which represent tokenized shares of equity in a mixed-use residential/commercial property development in downtown Las Vegas. Blok Tokens entitle holders to dividends and serve as a medium of exchange in their forthcoming SaaS property management software.
SDF New Hires
Kolten Bergeron, Community Manager - Before joining Stellar, Kolten worked in the sports and esports industries as a social media coordinator and video editor.
Kyle McCollom, Product Manager - Stellar.org - Kyle used to run Lumenauts.com and now works on Stellar.org. He is a fan of light electric vehicles and making margs.
Becca Miller, Social Media Strategy, Consultant - Previously at Call of Duty and Vice, Becca now works on the Community team at Stellar. Catch her at karaoke, Korean bbq, or weird Oakland house parties.
Bruno Müller, Product - Bruno used to work as Chief Design Officer at Cheesecake Labs, a software design and development company in Brazil. Bruno is a big fan of art, video games and craft beer.
Alex Cordeiro, Senior Platform Engineer - Alex co-founded and is the former COO of Cheesecake Labs, a software design and development company in Brazil. Alex loves writing, playing guitar and coding in weird programming languages.
Stellar Community Articles
"'Metadata' sounds quite mysterious and certainly obscure. Why do we need it at all? Stellar works quite well as-is, so why should we try to invent this strange conceptual something something?"
“I recently transferred lumens from one exchange to another. My transaction is confirmed on the blockchain, but I’m not receiving them in my exchange account. Can you guys help?”
Stellar Developer Updates
- JS Stellar Base 0.13.0 and JS Stellar SDK 0.15.0 released, adds timebounds support.
- Kelp v1.6.1 released, which now supports trading and market-making on centralized exchanges
- Survey - How do you use Kelp bot?
Community Developer Releases
- Astrograph.io, an open-source server providing GraphQL interface to Stellar network
- Scala SDK v0.6.3 released
- StellarQtSDK v.0.1.8 released
- .NET SDK v2.1.23 released, exposes TransactionResult objects
- Pedity platform has moved to the live Stellar network in Alpha 0.2.
- Solar Wallet has opened sign-ups for early access testing of its Android and IOS wallet.
- Stellarport has released a desktop app for Windows.
- HTC Exodus, Zion Vault, now supports Stellar lumens.
- Scopuly, an SDEX wallet and interface, has relaunched with an upgraded UI and feature set.
- ButtonWallet, a telegram-based wallet, has added Lumens support.
- Trust Wallet now supports Stellar Lumens.
- Interstellar Exchange has released a new desktop interface and Multisig Plus.
- Task.io is a platform where people can create or discover projects. It’s a place where tasks are completed, activities are verified, and people are rewarded with locally relevant Stellar-based tokens for taking part.