- Popular Latin American social network Taringa will pay its users in Bitcoin for their popular posts.
BitBeat: Latin America Facebook Rival Taringa! to Use Bitcoin to Pay for Content… Mass adoption motivator? http://t.co/MmmNR1bCT9
— Michael Casey (@mikejcasey) April 21, 2015
- Financially excluded folks often don’t have credit history, limiting their access to loans. Poor people in the United States increasingly fall back on predatory payday loans, with interest rates as high as 1900%.
- Three innovative fintech projects emerged from Singapore’s first-ever blockchain hackathon.
- South Africa’s economy is growing, but so is the percentage of people living below the poverty line. The Brookings Institution explores possible causes.
Why is the number of poor people in Africa increasing when Africa’s economies are growing? (Not the reason you think) http://t.co/JQIXX70Fus
— Laurence Chandy (@laurencechandy) May 5, 2015
- IFMR LEAD studied the effectiveness of savings tools for women in rural Bihar, including lockboxes and financial diaries.
Get the latest Stellar news.